Under Armour’s new HOVR GTX shoe boasts a proprietary cushioning technology that provides comfort and support without compromising on the shoe’s lightweight build.
HOVR cushioning captures the energy from a golfer’s forefoot rotation and returns it, resulting in the golfer having to spend less energy out on the course.
Traction is provided via RST 2.0 resistance spikes, which work in vertical and horizontal directions to enable golfers to keep their feet planted while leveraging the ground for full rotation of their foot to power through their swing for maximum control.
“We wanted to design a shoe that would exceed every golfer’s need, said Michael Glancy, UA’s Design Manager for Golf Footwear.“The HOVR Drive GTX does more than check boxes, it offers golfers the power they need to raise their game to the next level, paired with the comfort they want to enjoy the game.”
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
– Breathable microfibre upper and a lightweight waterproof membrane keep’s the wearer’s feet cool and dry.
– UA HOVR placement supports natural motion of the foot and provides energy return to help eliminate impact.
– Compression mesh Energy Web contains and molds UA HOVR foam to give back the energy put in.
– New, lower profile spikes for horizontal traction and comfort.
– Lightweight, durable TPU outsole.
– 2-year waterproof warranty.
The HOVR Drive GTX is available now at UA.com. RRP: £150/€180.