Danish brand ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – introduces its Spring/Summer 2014 men’s golf collection, including 11 new and updated styles set to further the brand’s global dominance in the premium hybrid sector.
Built atop the award-winning ECCO Dynamic Traction System (E-DTS) outsole, each hybrid model showcases a patented configuration of approximately 100 moulded traction bars and 800 traction angles. Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – these elements provide superb, Tour-quality grip in all conditions.
Also on display across the collection is the company’s devotion to combining traditional shoemaking craftsmanship with the highest levels of technical innovation. This is embodied by the Street EVO One, which marks the latest evolution of the best-selling Golf Street.
Slightly wider toward the heel, the Street EVO One boasts a Direct-injected midsole that incorporates a proprietary stabilisation plate. This uniquely cups the outside of a player’s heel to create an exceptional platform from which golfers can power through each shot.
“Owning our factories and being one of the world’s largest leather producers goes hand-in-hand with our foot-first approach to shoemaking,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “It means that we are a product-focused company and consistently offer golf shoes which deliver unmatched levels of quality, comfort, technology and style.”
Among the other new hybrids slated to be seen on the feet of Tour stars like Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thongchai Jaidee, Marcel Siem, Andreas Hartø and JB Hansen:
- BIOM Hybrid: The game’s first and only performance hybrid model is now available in three versions showcasing the patented ECCO Natural Motion technology. These include two options featuring buttery-soft yak leather uppers and a third made from performance textile.
- Tour Hybrid: Golf’s most sophisticated spikeless style is now available in four sophisticated designs, each of which seamlessly transitions from the boardroom to the car to the country club.
- BIOM Zero: The lowest-profile, most minimal and lightest ECCO golf shoe is available in two distinct looks and ideal for walking players seeking the highest levels of comfort and flexibility.
Also launching for 2014 are two cleated options:
- BIOM Golf: The first Natural Motion golf shoe is now available in three designs, each of which relies on the body’s evolutionary system for absorbing the impact of every step.
- New World Class: Lighter, more flexible and comfort-focused than ever before, each pair is handmade in Portugal by a team of ECCO artisans. Features include a moisture-wicking, full-leather lining and a three-material outsole combining water-repellant leather with cushioning PU and wear-resistant TPU.
The Spring/Summer men’s golf collection will begin shipping globally in Q4 2013, with arrivals continuing through early 2014.