Danish brand ECCO – maker of the world’s most comfortable, technically-advanced footwear – announces the launch of BIOM Golf, a convention-breaking shoe that follows the foot’s natural system for absorbing impact to enhance stability while strengthening muscles in the feet and lower legs.
The first and only Natural Motion golf shoe, BIOM Golf also features a game-enhancing swing platform. This brings men and women closer to the playing surface, improving ground feel and stability during all phases of the swing.
BIOM Golf was designed using decades of ECCO
research into the human foot, including scans of more than 2,500 feet to create the perfect fit. It follows successful launch of ECCO Natural Motion shoes in the premium running, walking and training categories.
“The foot is an almost perfect shock absorber and BIOM Golf supports this natural process,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “Because it has a perfect anatomical last, BIOM helps players land more toward the mid-foot than heel. This ensures comfort and builds muscle, which improves athletic performance and decreases the likelihood of injury.”
Ideal for serious players want to feel better, look great and play their best, BIOM Golf showcases five design patents and an array of distinctive elements:
- Ultra-Lightweight Construction – Up to 100 grams lighter than other performance golf shoes
- Extremely Low Profile – Brings a golfer’s weight closer to the playing surface for unmatched stability, ground feel, traction and swing power
- Stabilizing Heel – Wider, with a unique three-cleat configuration and stability bars between each cleat to achieve the ideal balance points
- Forefoot Flexibility – Anatomically correct flex grooves that follow the foot’s biomechanics for remarkable support and comfort
- Tibetan Yak Leather – Naturally soft, durable, smooth and breathable uppers made from Tibetan Yak leather that is three times stronger than ordinary leathers
- ECCO Hydromax™ – Proprietary ECCO leather treatment that helps keep feet dry and comfortable in all conditions
- Direct Injected Polyurethane – Advanced construction process, unique to ECCO in the golf industry, that guarantees long-lasting comfort and hyper-accurate anatomical support
- Climate Control – Triple-component insole with the ECCO Comfort Fiber System for a cool, dry climate within the shoe interior
BIOM Golf is available in the following colour options:
Men – White/Lime Punch, White/Concrete and Brown/Fanta
Women – White/Lime Punch, White/Beetroot and White/Concrete
ECCO Golf shoes www.ecco.com/golf