The STRI Programme has been developed in partnership with hundreds of golf clubs across the UK to provide objective information on how golf greens perform.
This new service gives golf clubs the tools to communicate both the current status and improvements in quality on their greens easily to everyone within the club.
Why was the STRI Programme developed?
STRI received constant feedback from golf club committees and greenkeepers that the current assessment of greens is often ‘confused’ and led by comments made directly by the members. Such comments are usually subjective, based on how well or not the golfer has done on that particular day.
STRI wanted to provide golf clubs with a range of objective data they could use to assess and improve quality of greens and communicate current performance of greens easily to everyone within the golf club.
Throughout 2009 STRI worked with more than 100 golf clubs to pilot this new service and develop the tools to make this both effective and relevant for all golf clubs.
What is the STRI Programme?
The STRI Programme consists of a set of measurements recorded regularly to assess the performance and quality of greens on the golf course. The measurements take into account speed, firmness, smoothness, moisture content and soil analysis.
These measurements are analysed and interpreted by STRI consultants, in partnership with greenkeepers and committees, which then provide valuable input into the management programmes for your greens.
STRI also provides a web-based data entry system to encourage clubs to record their own measurements on a regular basis – weekly or fortnightly. Client clubs will receive their own individual log in to enter their data and have access, whenever needed, to all their historic reports and data, which can be extracted in table or graph format.
How do golf club managers and their golf clubs benefit?
- Accurate assessment of playing quality
- Increased consistency across all greens
- Objective data to assess your green’s performance:
- Moisture levels
- Soil analysis
- Data and information used in your management programme for greens
- Data used as a tool for greenkeepers to report ‘true’ conditions of greens
- Monitoring of ongoing trends
- Individual club targets set across all greens
- Easy-to-understand data tables and graphs – useful for notice boards and club communications
- On-line 24/7 access to your club’s current and historic data
What reports or documentation does the STRI Programme provide?
All client clubs will receive two reports as part of the STRI Programme:
- Detailed agronomy report – All the measurements and data are included in a detailed and technical report, with full interpretation of results and recommendations.
- Summary report – A three-page summary report, which includes the STRI Programme data in an ‘easy-to-read’ table and graph format, which clubs find useful for communicating progress to their members.
How to book the STRI Programme visit?
The STRI Programme is offered as an additional service to complement the STRI Advisory service, this comprises of a full assessment and analysis of the golf course with recommendations for improving playing qualities, along with the objective measurements and assessment of greens included in the STRI Programme.
For more information or to book the STRI Programme visit call +44 (0)1274 565131 or email us at email@example.com