The Greenkeepers Training Committee (GTC) in association with the English Golf Union (EGU) is hosting three further workshops as part of a pilot programme to introduce Quality Assured short courses and workshops for golf club officials and managers.
The workshops will be held at:
- Temple Golf Club – Thursday 8th September 2011
- Gatton Manor Golf Club – Tuesday 13th September 2011
- Northumberland Golf Club – Thursday 6th October 2011
The Greenkeepers Training Committee has engaged the services of Laurence Pithie, Master Greenkeeper, and one of its Quality Assured Training Providers’, to present these workshops. Laurence will share his vast experience and knowledge of working for both private and commercial golf clubs. Comprehensive course notes will be given to all delegates attending the workshop.
Subjects to be covered during the workshop:
- The Role and Responsibility of the Chairman of Green and Course Manager
- UK Perspective – Environment and Climate
- Basic Fundamentals in Managing Fine Turf
- Cultural Practices and their benefits
- Course Conditioning and Presentation
The cost of the workshop is £50pp to include refreshments, lunch and course materials. Places are strictly limited therefore early application is advisable. Call the GTC on Tel: 01347 838640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the workshop programme in detail visit www.the-gtc.co.uk