The Club Managers Association of Europe (CMAE) is setting up a Midlands & North of England region sub-section within its membership and invites all Club Managers in the Midlands and the North to attend the launch event at Branston Golf and Country Club, Burton on Trent on Tuesday 9th July.
Currently the CMAE operates with two regions in the UK – Scotland and London & Home Counties – which both organise seminars, workshops and education events in their regions. However there has been a real desire for a third region that can hold networking events and educational courses that will be more accessible to club managers based outside of these areas.
The event is an open invitation to both CMAE members and non-members working at sports and social clubs; city and business clubs; tennis; sailing and country clubs as well as golf clubs. Anyone who works in any management role at any one of these types of clubs is welcome to come along and find out more!
The CMAE offers educational programmes, including the Certified Club Manager (CCM) qualification, the Club Management Diploma (CMDip) and Management Development Programme (MDP), as well as exceptional networking opportunities that provide current and future managers the best way to learn and share best practice, not only from each other, but also from the very best in our industry.
The schedule of the day will be as follows:
- 9.30am Coffee and registration
- 10.00am Welcome and Introductions – Jerry Kilby CCM- Chief Executive, CMAE & Ian Barthorpe, General Manager, Nuffield Health and Wellbeing
- 10.15am An overview of the CMAE – Jerry Kilby CCM
- 11.00am The value of CCM – Marc Newey CCM – Chief Executive, The Roehampton Club
- 11.30am The plans for the CMAE Midlands & North region – Ian Barthorpe
- 12pm Q&A – Open Forum
- 1pm Soup and Sandwich lunch
- N.B. All refreshments and lunch will be provided complimentary on the day
Those who would like to attend should email CMAE Association Manager Debbie Goddard on email@example.com or telephone her on 0247 669 2359.
Image CMAE logo