All the hard work has been done. The speakers and panellists have been brought on board. The venue is all set to welcome international delegates to the 2012 Asia Pacific Golf Summit (APGS) – the sixth in the series.
APGS 2012 already promises to be one of the best in the series so fair. Some 60 speakers and panellists have been signed up to appear in three conferences.
The venue, the Empire Hotel and Golf Club is a stunning world-class facility that is fully primed to host APGS 2012 and its delegates.
Most importantly, the host nation, Brunei Darussalam, the oil-rich Sultanate that sits on the third largest island on the planet, is fully prepared to provide delegates with a taste of its natural beauty and tranquility.
“If you are stake-holder in the golf industry in Asia, this is an event that you must not miss – it is the only business to business golf event of its kind anywhere in Asia,” explained Mike Sebastian, chief executive officer of the Asia Pacific Golf Group, the owner and producer of the Summit.
It is a premier knowledge event that brings together some of the best brains in the business of golf. Sebastian went on to say, “Experts who are at the cutting edge of industry trends, club management best practices, turf care, social issues impacting golf and the perennial challenge on how to grow the game of golf in an ever-changing leisure and recreational landscape will be the main focal points of the Summit”.
The thrust of APGS 2012 is to identify opportunities with a view to exploit these trends for the betterment of the golf industry. It will also look at problems confronting the industry and will throw up solutions to get around these challenges.
“APGS 2012 is not just a summit – it is a summit with a difference….. it aims to prepare all stake-holders to face the future with a positive mind-set and armed with all the tools to take on the challenges ahead”, Sebastian pointed out.
World class experts who are acknowledged leaders in their respective disciplines have been booked for the Summit including:
- Colin Montgomerie – champion golfer, course designer and a man committed to change.
- James Singerling – Chief Executive Officer, Club Managers Association of America.
- Steve Mona – Chief Executive Officer, World Golf Foundation.
- Bruce Williams – Past President, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
- Henry DeLozier – Past President, National Golf Course Owners Association of America.
- Michael Leemhuis – Past President, Club Managers Association of America and Chief Executive Officer, The Congressional Country Club.
- Ronald G. Dodson – Chairman and President, International Sustainability Council.
The Summit’s special VIP Keynote speaker is the distinguished Indonesian Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy, Mari Elka Pangestu who is slated to deliver a major speech on the importance and growth of golf tourism in the region.
The full programme for APGS 2012 is now available
Other highlights of APGS 2012 include:
- The 2012 Asian Golf Monthly Awards.
- The 2012 Asia Pacific Golf Group Hall Of Fame Award.
- The 2012 Asia Pacific Golf Group Life-Time Achievement Award
- The Global Legacy Award
- The Custodian of The Environment Award
Three full days of knowledge-intensive sessions and a social programme that will serve up some of the best meals anywhere.
Here’s a quick-link to delegate registration and hotel reservation.
APGS 2012 www.golfconference.org