The five-day St Andrews Golf Festival, sponsored, amongst others, by Glenmuir and Sunderland, reaches its climax with the Festival Awards ceremony presented by Golf Illustrated in the Younger Hall this weekend.
The golf awards night is a fun evening celebrating the very best of golf heritage. It is a night for anyone who is keen on their golfing history, books, magazines, memorabilia and who has a sheer passion for the game.
Awards will be presented for:
- Literati of the Links Award for Golf Literature
- Babe Zaharias Award for Outstanding Contribution to Ladies Golf
- St Andrews Golf Festival Award for Honour and Integrity
- Keepers of the Green for Courage
- St Andrews Golf Art Award
- Golf Surveys Ltd Award for lifetime achievement in golf course architecture
- LawrenceLevy Award for Golf Photography
- St Andrews Golf Festival Award for Golf Humour
- Planet Golf Award for Excellence in Golf Course Architecture
- St Andrews Golf Festival Award for Golf Innovation
- Golf Illustrated Spirit of St Andrews
The final award of the night will be the Golf Illustrated Readers Vote Award for the Spirit of St Andrews. Nominees are Seve, Old Tom, Bobby Jones, Babe Zaharias, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods. The vote will be carried out across the social media sites of Golf World, Today’s Golfer and tonight’s sponsors Golf Illustrated.
An Audience With Old Tom Morris
Old Tom will be interviewed on stage by the evening’s MC, Mrs Pat Norton from On Course Strategies. Pat is a former Director of Communications for the LPGA and Chair of the Metropolitan Golf Writers Association. It will be the first time Old Tom has shared the stage with a lady!
The evening is open to all. Free entry. Saturday 31st March 2012. Younger Hall, St Andrews. Doors open at 6.30pm.
St Andrews Golf Festival www.standrewsgolffestival.com/