Roger Mace and John Stirling to be honoured with Lifetime Achievement Awards at The OGRO Conference and Exhibition on Thursday 13th March .
Both have been involved with the golf industry for many decades and will be well known to most people in the golf world. OGRO President, John Jacobs OBE will present the awards.
Roger Mace has been golf professional for 58 years and in that time he has personally started thousands of golfers in this wonderful game. His career started at Royal Ashdown Forest as a junior assistant to Hector Padgham.
Roger has held many positions throughout his career and is now the proprietor and professional of The Monxton and Grateley Golf Centre near Andover in Hampshire. His ‘laugh and learn’ trick shot show is famous throughout the golf world and he has personally taught and encouraged thousands of new golfers to take up the game.
John Stirling was a county player and a greenkeeper at Eastwood Golf Club in Scotland before being called away on National Service. Following the war he was an assistant to George Gadd at The Roehampton Club before becoming the professional at Woking, Merrick Park in Bournemouth. John was finally head hunted by Meon Valley in Hampshire to become their professional.
He is now retired but as President of Meon Valley is still very actively involved in the game. John was Captain of the PGA in 1987.
Both Roger and John are very popular on the after dinner speaking circuit.
Speakers at OGRO’s Conference include:
• Rick Grogan, founder and chairman of the board of GEI, the owners of TopGolf in UK and USA.
• Julian Dell, retail expert and the owner of three golf ranges, who spent many years operating the most successful american golf franchise golf shops.
• Paul Dubrow, Global Ranges and Colin Jenkins, GRN Consulting
• Peter Ballingall, one of Europe’s most respected coaches who has been a leading exponent of residential golf schools for many years.
• Declan Malone, who runs N1 Golf Academies and The Golf Academy Manager, which provide quality solutions from turnkey teaching academies to on-line lesson management.
• Bill Mylward, the managing director of Pepperacre Ltd, takes us through the very exciting area of landscaping of golf facilities with imported inert material.
• Lucy Dickman, who together with her husband Robert runs the Cuckfield Golf Centre and has developed a wonderful range of ladies clothing, under the brand of Swing Out Sister.
The OGRO Conference and Exhibition takes place on Thursday 13th March at The Ramada Hotel, Maidstone, Kent, sponsored by Global Ranges The event carries 25 CPD points for the PGA professionals.
To book a place call 01580 715248 / 715043, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Organisation of Golf Range Owners www.ogro.org