He is none other than the multi-talented Bruce Williams, an expert who can really claim to have been there and done that.
Bruce comes loaded with over 30 years of experience in various facets of the golf industry and is widely acknowledged as an industry leader. His experience in the industry can perhaps be best summed up as being a well-rounded career executive with an illustrious and proven track record in fiscal, strategic and operational leadership in the golf industry.
A graduate of Michigan State University, Bruce has served on a variety of boards and presided over the following:
- CaliforniaTurf and Landscape Foundation-Executive Director
- Past President of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Past President of the GCSA of Southern California
- Past President of the California GCSA
- Director of the California Alliance for Golf
- Honorary Director of the PGA of America
- USGA Green Committeeman since 1993
- Vice President of the Musser International Turfgrass Foundation
“Bruce is a huge catch for the Summit and we are absolutely delighted to have him come on board,” declared Mike Sebastian, chief executive officer of the Asia Pacific Golf Group, the owner and producer of the Summit. He went on to add, “Listening to Bruce will certainly prove to be a massive treat – he is an oracle of golf knowledge and amongst the best in the world.”
The 2012 Asia Pacific Golf Summit will be staged in the oil-rich Sultanate of Brunei on 11-13 December 2012.