This year’s International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) 20 – 23 November 2006 will attract the largest number of buyers in the event’s history. Pre-registration reports indicate that up to 300 international golf tour operators will be in attendance.
Taking place in Andalucia, Spain, the global event for the golf market has seen a significant increase in exhibitor participation. Attendees can look forward to meeting 392 exhibiting companies, with representation from 42 countries.
This year’s show welcomes first-time exhibitors from Cuba, St Vincent & the Grenadines, and Ras Al Khaimah. New companies already registered include Kootenay Rockies Tourism (Canada), Golfing Africa (South Africa) and Raffles Resort (the Grenadines).
IGTM attracts the world’s leading specialised golf tour operators, incentive agents, meetings and conference organisers, along with hoteliers, destination resorts, airlines and ancillary suppliers of golf products. The four-day showcase will feature exhibits, pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings and professional networking opportunities. Pre-registered appointments ensure that qualified buyers can discuss their exact requirements with the appropriate suppliers.
Chantel Bayman from Doha Golf Club, a return exhibitor, said, “I have found it to be an excellent medium for targeting our buyers directly. It has given us the opportunity to strengthen business ties for promoting Qatar as a golfing and tourist destination.”
“We are especially enthusiastic to present The Estoril Golf Passport which enables the golfer to play five different golf courses in the Estoril golf coast and a VIP Basquet at the villa,” said Joaquim Oliveira, general manager from Vila Bicuda.
James Bermitzky, from Clubhaus AG, said, ‘We will launch in Andalucia the Heide Golf Card, an electronic card which includes four green fees for only 95 euros and is valid in five of the top golf clubs in the region south of Hamburg.”
New initiatives at this year’s show include:
- Florida’s First Coast of Golf will launch a new online tool that enables operators to search and book tee times in real time.
- Al Hamra Golf Club will launch their brand new facility: 18 holes, 9 holes academy and three clubhouse buildings.
- Golf Pass Brabant Wallon Belgium will present their new wellness centre at the Ch®teau du Lac.
- Turim Hotels will launch new products, packages and new properties belonging to the hotel group linked with the golf courses.
- Thermen Golfschaukel Lafnitztal will introduce their new guided tours.
- Evian Royal Resort launched the Evian Masters Training Center in July 2006 and will be utilising IGTM to promote this unique concept.
Marie-Line Flamant from Golf Pass Brabant Wallon, Belgium said, “IGTM is the most professional golf show of the year and gives us the opportunity to meet our key accounts and new customers.”
IGTM marketing manager, Catherine Vaughan, said, “We are delighted that more exhibitors and buyers are taking advantage of all International Golf Travel Market has to offer. IGTM is the ideal forum for suppliers and buyers to meet and conduct business, combined over a busy 4-day schedule of both business and social events this year looks set to be the largest and most successful to date.”
International Golf Travel Market www.igtm.co.uk