Perry Dye, of Denver based Dye Designs, has designed the first Dye golf course in Turkey for the development company Lykia Links Golf.
Lykia Links Golf, owned by Burham Silahtaroglu and his son Attila Silahtaroglu, is one of the foremost resort and tourism companies in Turkey. Shepherd Links at Turtle Beach in Antalya is a links style course routed in a magnificent setting along the Mediterranean Ocean, with five holes oceanside.
At a press conference held by Lykia Links Golf in Istanbul to introduce the project to the Turkish press Dye stated, “Coming to Turkey as the chosen architect of such a project is an honour for me, as the third generation representative of a family that has designed over 250 golf courses around the world.
“I think the Shepherd Links seaside golf course will be among the best golf courses in the world. Lykia Links Golf’s project is a very important investment for Turkey because there isn’t another place like the seaside, beach dunes site of this golf course along the Mediterranean.”
Shepherd Links at Turtle Beach will be a golf, hotel and resort complex in Denizkaya near the Köprà¼à§ay River in Antalya.
- The project will encompass 250 acres of land
- The world class golf course will have 18 holes, plus there will be an oceanside, 9-hole par 3 course
- The 1,200 bed, 450 unit hotel will consist of apartments, villas, suites and rooms, at an investment of €80 million
- The hotel is expected to open on 15th September, 2007
- The golf course will have its grand opening in November 2007
The golf course will be the first links style, seaside course in Turkey, with views of the Mediterranean Ocean from all holes and will be among the few (approximately 300) ‘true links’ golf courses around the world.
Dye Designs www.dyedesigns.com
Lykia Links Golf www.lykiagroup.com