Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus have gone on camera to support the European debut for E-Z-GO’s RXV Golf Car.
E-Z-GO, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company and the world’s leading manufacturer of golf cars and utility vehicles, has unveiled its new, much anticipated fleet golf car – the RXV – engineered to deliver reliability, superior performance, operating efficiency and safety through an array of enhanced features and innovations.
The E-Z-GO RXV (Reliability – Xperience – Value) represents a major step forward in golf car technology and is expected to deliver exceptional value to golf course operators through reduced energy and maintenance costs, together with an unsurpassed experience for golfers through best-in-class power, control, comfort and safety. The RXV’s classic yet contemporary lines make it a smart addition to the E-Z-GO family.
The RXV is available in electric and petrol models. The existing TXT model, introduced in 1995 and the best-selling fleet golf car in the company’s history will remain a key component in E-Z-GO’s lineup.
So what are the innovations, new features and significant benefits of the RXV?
• AC drive (electric): Unprecedented for an electric golf car, the RXV’s drive train uses an alternating current motor, which generates more power and a longer operating window between battery charges. The RXV is up to 30% more efficient than conventional dc golf cars with 48-volt motors – enabling a 10% improvement in daily range.
• Dual-braking system (electric): A fail-safe redundant braking system with both electric and mechanical brakes is used on the electric RXV. This ensures that the vehicle’s brakes will operate, even if power is lost. The ‘drive-by-wire’ electronic speed control automatically engages the brakes on steep slopes and the parking brake automatically locks when the RXV stops, preventing rollback. This industry-first braking system supplies recharge to the batteries whenever brakes are applied, enhancing efficiency by up to 30%, keeping the vehicle on the course longer and reducing long-term operating costs.
• Kawasaki high-performance 13-HP engine (petrol): This engine sets new benchmarks for performance Â¬- even on the hilliest terrain. With a larger cylinder and lower RPM, it delivers better fuel economy with less noise. And more miles per gallon mean greater savings for course operators.
• Energy transfer bumpers (electric and petrol): The RXV features a patented energy transfer system with front, back and side bumpers positioned to minimize damage by absorbing and transferring energy from impacts into the frame rather than the engine or components. The front and rear bumpers are rated to withstand impacts of 5 mph; side bumpers are rated for 5 mph collisions.
• Warranty: The reliability of the new RXV is backed by the most comprehensive warranty in the industry – four-year, bumper-to-bumper coverage. E-Z-GO’s batteries are guaranteed to last for four years, 1,200 rounds or 21,500 amp hours – whichever comes first.
• Improved golfer experience: The RXV features an automotive-style, A-arm suspension with coil over spring shock absorbers and vibration-free steering providing a smooth, comfortable ride. It also features added storage space with cup and ball holders within easy reach of driver and passenger. Redesigned hip restraints and thicker foam padding ensure a comfortable ride; a wider canopy prevents rain from dripping inside the vehicle; a larger bag well accommodates today’s biggest golf bags.
• Fresh exterior styling: Retaining the classic E-Z-GO look while incorporating up-to-date design elements, the RXV boasts a boldly elegant appearance. Its inviting style makes the RXV as visually appealing as it is enjoyable to drive.
• Environmentally friendly operation: The RXV electric model requires less energy to charge and operate, minimizing the vehicle’s ‘carbon footprint’ and reducing hazardous waste. And its whisper quiet engine practically eliminates noise pollution. The RXV petrol model is compliant with the stringent emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and improves fuel economy by up to 52 percent. The RXV’s seats are made from 100-percent recycled foam.
• Safety comes first: In addition to the advantages of dual braking and energy transfer bumpers, the RXV has many features designed to keep golfers safe and secure. Its limited slip differential delivers 25-percent better traction and is especially effective on wet or sandy soil. A slip resistant floormat gives golfers firm footing in wet conditions, while the RXV’s canopy has double-wall construction and 50-percent thicker support struts.
“Our E-Z-GO design team over in Augusta considered every mechanical, ergonomic and safety element of the golf car, producing a vehicle of exceptional quality,” says Richard Tyrrell, general manager of the E-Z-GO Division at Ransomes Jacobsen. “In designing the RXV, we listened to our customers and incorporated their feedback. Our goal was to redesign the golf car in a way that produced measurable results for golf course owners, along with exceptional performance that truly enhances the golf experience. I believe that we’ve delivered on all counts!”
Two golfing legends have their say
Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus have gone on camera to support the European debut for E-Z-GO’s RXV Golf Car. Their endorsements can be viewed on line at www.e-z-go.co.uk
“The RXV is a game changer for the golf industry. It takes the golf car to a whole new level,” says golf legend Arnold Palmer, who has built more than 300 golf courses worldwide and whose company manages many outstanding facilities.
“E-Z-GO continues its tradition of innovation – making the game of golf more enjoyable for everyone who plays. I am proud of my long-time association with E-Z-GO and look forward to working with them for many more years,” he concludes.
“E-Z-GO has raised the bar with the RXV, which sets a new standard for the golf car industry,” says Jack Nicklaus, owner of a record 18 professional major championships and the designer of more than 260 courses internationally.
“I have enjoyed a long-term partnership with E-Z-GO. I appreciate all that E-Z-GO does to produce a quality product that we can proudly recommend at the golf courses I design around the world. In my mind, E-Z-GO is without question the premier golf car and utility vehicle provider.”
In each month and year listed below every article that has ever appeared in golfbusinessnews is reproduced in reverse date order.