475 new golf club placements have now been approved as part of the UK Government’s Kickstart Scheme, introduced to the UK golf industry by Promote Golf and The LSS Group. That’s over £3.5m in salary and training funding for golf clubs across England, Scotland and Wales.
Participating clubs can choose from a large pool of talent to fill a varied number of job roles, from greenkeepers through to golf operations staff. And with placement due to start in time for the summer season, it’s an initiative that fits the golf industry perfectly as they look to bolster their teams during the busy months of April to September.
- Scheme Headlines
- 6-month, fully-funded, work placements with no obligation for the club to continue the placement thereafter
- 25 hours per week – but clubs can increase this and just pay the salary/NI overage if they wish
- Access to a large pool of young talent with potential and ready for an opportunity.
- Supported by the club’s local Jobcentre Plus
- Funding paperwork handled by the UK-based LSS Group
- The golf club interviews and chooses their ideal candidates
Kickstart funding by the Government is capped, but there are still opportunities for golf clubs to utilise this initiative for the forthcoming summer golf season.
Visit www.promotegolf.co.uk/kickstart/ for more information and to arrange a call to talk through the opportunities.