With staff players Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm winning the money lists on the PGA Tour and European Tour respectively, TaylorMade has enjoyed one of its most successful ever seasons on the worldwide professional tours.
With four wins, including The Players Championship, and collecting the PGA Tour FedEx Cup for the second time, world no.2 McIlroy was the headline act for the brand, while Rahm’s victories at the Irish and Spanish Opens, and the season-ending DP World Tour Championship, sealed another stunning season for the Spaniard, who now moves to no.3 in the world rankings.
Other notable achievements from TaylorMade’s season on tour include staff player Robert MacIntyre’s winning of the European Tour’s Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year award. The 23-year-old Scot finished 11th in the Race to Dubai rankings in his first season in the top flight, bagging three second-place finishes along the way. He also received the Challenge Tour Graduate of the Year Award.
In terms of usage, TaylorMade staffers and non-contracted players combined to achieve the following stats:
- M5 Drivers won 2 Major Championships in 2019
- TaylorMade Wedges won 2 Major Championships in 2019
- TaylorMade Products won 3 World Golf Championships in 2019
- The top 4 players in the OWGR all play TaylorMade Drivers
- 7 of the Top 10 in the OWGR play TaylorMade Metalwoods
- 3 of the Top 4 in the OWGR use TP5/x Golf Balls
- 3 of the Top 4 in the OWGR use TaylorMade Putters