The St Andrews Festival – Scotland’s Celebration – is urgently seeking sponsors and turns towards the golf industry for assistance. The 6 day Festival, 25 to 30 November 2009, being held in the iconic town of St Andrews is part of the Scottish Government’s Homecoming programme and is the most ambitious celebration of Scotland’s Patron Saint ever held.
St Andrews Day is 30th November and this will be the climax of the Festival, which aims to celebrate all the very best of Scotland. Events will include:
• World first series of large scale Son et Lumieres running each evening and depicting different aspects of Scotland’s historic journey projected onto the Medieval walls of the Town, a series of traditional Scottish Music events featuring some of the country’s best talent.
• Scottish film festival centred in the Town’s unique Picture House.
• Lively sessions throughout the Town’s bars where all are welcome to join in and share the craic.
• Scottish drama and music will be showcased in the Barron Theatre and venues and the streets throughout the Town.
• Scottish Book and Storytelling events will be featured in the Town Centre. Along with a series of children’s historical treasure hunts.
• ‘Chariots of Fire’ Triathlon Charity Race
As a fitting climax, the St Andrews Day Celebrations will include the traditional Beating Retreat and Torch Light Procession to the Harbour where there will be spectacular musical Fireworks. To end on a high, the final event of the evening will be the Nae4Wimps Street Ceilidh held against the ancient backdrop of the Town’s West Port.
Other events taking place in the Festival include:
• Golf Museum open free of charge all week
• R&A open with guides on 30 November – this only happens once a year.
• Castle and Cathedral open free of charge 30 November
• Art shows and exhibitions
• Botanic Gardens open day
• Christmas Lights Switch on extravaganza
• Special week long shopping, dinning and accommodation offers for Festival Goers
• Scottish Crafts and Food being featured in the Town’s retailers and restaurants.
The next six weeks is a critical period for the organisers who still have sponsorship opportunities available. “We would be delighted to welcome sponsors from the Golf Industry,” said a spokesman.
For more information contact Rob Murray Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org
St Andrews Festival www.standrewsfestival.co.uk