Following the successful introduction of a golf category last year, the British Sports Book Awards (BSBA) is offering a company the golden opportunity of putting its name to the 2013 Golf Award.
Recognised as one of the highlights of the sports publishing year, the BSBA are now in their 11th year and annually recognise the publishing achievements of the top writers in football, rugby, cricket, horse racing and now golf.
The winner of the inaugural golf award was ‘The 100 Greatest Ever Golfers’ (Elliott & Thompson) by renown golf writer Andy Farrell, who fought off strong competition from a host of excellent golf books published in 2012.
In 2013, a panel of eminent golf media headed up by respected golf journalist, John Hopkins, who has had a hugely-successful career writing about golf with The Times for many years, will decide the worthy winner. John will be joined on the panel by the likes of BBC TV sports presenter, Hazel Irvine, and the Voice of Golf on BBC Five Live Radio, Iain Carter.
The sponsorship of the BSBA Golf Book Award for 2013 presents a brand within the golf industry with a chance to become involved in these prestigious Awards and to line up alongside a number of premier sponsors such as Arbuthnot Latham, Ladbrokes, Simon & Schuster and Sainsbury’s and media partners that include Getty Images, Sky Sports and The Times Newspaper.
An Awards Ceremony attended by around 400 guests, including the cream of British sports publishing and sporting personalities, will take place in May at Lord’s Cricket Ground, allowing the sponsor to entertain its choice of top clients, potential customers and golf and sporting media contacts.
As well as an entertainment opportunity, the Award offers the chance to generate some excellent pre and post-event media exposure in the sports and golfing media.
In 2012 the event was presented Natalie Pinkham (Sky Sports TV) and Rishi Persad (BBC TV Sport) was attended sporting personalities such as Sam Warburton, Mike Atherton, Neil Warnock and Chris Hollins.
The Golf Sponsorship Package
The sponsorship package for the British Sports Book Award in Golf offers:
- 10 VIP tickets to the BSBA Ceremony on 20th May at Lord’s Cricket Ground, including Reception, dinner and wine
- Company name on a cut-glass crystal award and honour for company CEO to present the Award to the winner at the ceremony
- Company logo in the official magazine which acts as the guide to the best sports books of the year with a circulation of 75,000 copies
- Company logo on branding boards at the event itself and within the onscreen presentation
- Company logo on the official BSBA website (www.britishsportsbookawards.co.uk)
- Full-page advertisement in the souvenir programme distributed to around 400 guests at the ceremony
Further information at www.britishsportsbookawards.co.uk