More leading international business speakers have joined the line-up for this year’s KPMG Golf Business Forum to be held at the Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa in Italy from 17 – 19 September.
Giles Morgan is Group Head of Sponsorship and Events for HSBC, and has been instrumental in developing the bank’s sporting and cultural programs. In golf, Giles has overseen the expansion of HSBC’s international portfolio, including becoming a Patron of the Open Championship and the title sponsor of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. HSBC recently published a special report, ‘Golf’s 2020 Vision’, looking at what golf will be like in eight years’ time. Giles will present the report’s findings and identify clear trends, including the rise of Asian golf, increasing feminisation, urbanisation and sustainability and how golf is reacting.
Adam Bates is KPMG’s Global Head of Innovation and currently leads KPMG’s global innovation strategy, with the objective of ensuring that KPMG looks to future trends considering their likely impact on business, planning to make the most of emerging opportunities and mitigating against emerging risks. Adam’s presentation at the Golf Business Forum addresses the fact that the world is changing faster than ever before and highlights the key forces that are impacting business today and into the future. The presentation will provide examples of where these forces, including technology, demographics and environment, are presenting opportunity and reward for some, while risk and destruction for others. His key point is that to succeed you need not only manage your business of today but design your business of tomorrow.
Jon Podany is currently Chief Marketing Officer of the LPGA. In this role Jon is responsible for the business/commercial side of the LPGA, including sales and marketing, television, digital media, tournaments/title sponsors, branding, creative services and licensing. Jon joined the LPGA in March 2010, after a successful 15 years with the PGA Tour, and was one of new LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan’s first key hires. The LPGA has undergone a dramatic resurgence in the past two years; since Mike and Jon came on board five new tournaments were added to the schedule in 2012, a total of eight new corporate marketing partners have been added in the past year and the LPGA’s fan base is up significantly across all key metrics (television viewership, website visitors, social media following, international reach, etc.). He will join a discussion of key golf business professionals about the future of the golf industry.
Adam, Giles and Jon will join this stellar speaker line up at the Golf Business Forum:
- Sir Nick Faldo, Owner, Faldo Design
- Sir Rocco Forte, Chairman, The Rocco Forte Collection
- Dana Garmany, Founder and CEO, Troon
- Zenon Eliades, Eliades Group (developers of the acclaimed Elea Estate, Cyprus)
- Romy Gai, Royal Park Golf I Roveri, former Marketing Director of Juventus FC
- Jonathan Smith, Chief Executive, Golf Environment Organisation
- Bruce Glasco, Managing Director, International Operations Troon Golf Europe, Middle East, Africa,AsiaPacific
- Laurent Boissonnas, Managing Director, Golf Tourisme Development
- Gil Hanse, President and Principal Architect, Hanse Golf Course Design
- Mike Parkin, Global Head Turf and Landscape Business, Syngenta
- J. Rhett Evans, CEO, Golf Course Superintendents Association ofAmerica
- Scott Ferrell, President , Gary Player Design
- Paul Stringer, Senior Vice President of New Business Development, Nicklaus Design
- Steve Berger, Director, Europe, Middle East andAfrica, Jonas Software
- Andrea Sartori, Partner, Head of KPMG’s Golf Advisory Practice in EMA
- Costantino Rocca, President, Professional Golf Association of Italy(PGAI)
- Carlo Manca, Director of Advisory Services and Studies, Istituto per il Credito Sportivo
- Arnaldo Cocuzza, Vice President, Club Managers Association
- Flavia Maria Coccia, Member of the Board of ENIT (Italian Tourism Board)
- Roberto Lauro, President, Campus Golf & Tourism Academy
Only six weeks to go and the room is filling up. View the agenda and speaker list in full, and find out more on www.golfbusinessforum.com