Inventors of new golf training or teaching aids, accessories and equipment will be able to gauge the interest of some 40,000 attending golf industry professionals from around the world at the Inventor’s Spotlight Pavilion during the 59th PGA Merchandise Show, January 26-28, 2012, inOrlando,Fla.
Organized in partnership with the United Inventors Association (UIA) and InventionHome, the Inventor’s Spotlight pavilion on the Show floor will showcase golf inventions not yet available at retail. During the PGA Merchandise Show Week, UIA and InventionHome will host a contest for the “Top Three Best in Show Inventions,” with judging conducted by UIA and InventionHome experts, who will be in attendance throughout the Show to answer questions associated with taking an idea to the development, patenting, production and golf-distribution stage.
BandZorb, a replaceable headwear liner product, was last year’s Overall Best New Product winner of the Inventor’s Spotlight pavilion. BandZorb’s participation in the Inventor’s Spotlight platform opened numerous doors for retail distribution and new business partnerships. Since its debut at theJanuary 2011 PGA Merchandise Show, BandZorb is now distributed in theUnited States,Japan,Holland, andCanadaand became an official licensee of the PGA TOUR.
“The Inventor’s Spotlight area at the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show provides a platform like no other in the golf industry where inventors can expose their most intriguing golf inventions to industry influencers and product development experts,” said PGA Golf Exhibitions Industry Vice President John McGeary. “Our goal is to provide those worthy inventions with an opportunity to develop from the conceptual stage to the commercial, ready-for-production and sales stage.”
The United Inventors Association also will conduct the second Inventor’s Day Educational Conference on Wednesday,Jan. 25, at theOrangeCountyConvention CenterinOrlando. The conference is open to all PGA Show registered attendees at no cost and features several expert presenters. The conference schedule is:
- • 9:00 a.m. – Jeff Hajari, President, Hunting Revolution, Inc. – “Breaking the Impossible Barriers”
- • 9:30 a.m. – Mark T. Reyland- UIA Executive Director – “The Inventing Industry and How You Fit In”
- • 10:00 a.m. – Jeffrey Badovick, Chief Executive of Auramist, Inc and ZYXOGEN, LLC – “Fundraising Insight for Inventors and Entrepreneurs”
- • 11:00 a.m. – Scott Hynd, Co-Founder of Proformance Marketing – “Direct Response TV Marketing, An Overview”
- • Noon – lunch • 1:00 p.m. – Headliner & Special Guest – Forbes Riley, Inventor, Author, & TV Spokesperson – “I’m Not an Inventor—But My Dad Sure Was!”
- • 2:00 p.m. – Bill Feaster, CEO and Founder of Sellion Inc. – “Product Evaluations: the Key to New Product Success.”
- • 3:00 p.m. – Jeff Herold, President of West Coast Trends – “Inventing—The Joys, the Pitfalls and the Crazy Ride in Between!
- • 5:00 p.m. – Edith G. Tolchin, “The Sourcing Lady” (SM) – “Successfully Sourcing inChina”
To learn more about the Inventor’s Spotlight and participation opportunities, plus information on the UIA Education Conference at the PGA Merchandise Show, visit the “featured areas” web page of www.pgashow.com