England Golf has extended its list of postponed championships to now include all events up until week commencing July 27.
With golf courses now closed until further notice and restrictions for travel and public life in place for an indefinite period, England Golf has taken the decision on the postponement of events beyond our original date of June 7.
The following England Golf championships have been added to the postponed list:
• English Senior Women’s Stroke Play – Abbeydale, 16-18 June
• England Golf Medal – The Kendleshire, 17 June
• Golf Captains – Broadway, 17 June
• England Golf Medal – Drayton Park, 21 June
• England Golf Medal – Brancepeth Castle, 25 June
• Golf Captains – Moortown, 30 June
• Logan Trophy – Sand Moor, 3-5 July
• Senior Series and Golf Captains – South Staffs, 7-8 July
• English Schools’ Team Championship – Woodhall Spa, 8 July
• McGregor Trophy – Heworth, 14-16 July
• English Girls’ Open Championship – Sandy Lodge, 21-23 July
• Carris Trophy – St George’s Hill, 21-24 July
• Golf Captains – Piltdown, 22 July
For a complete breakdown of all postponements from present date until week commencing 27 July, please click here.
England Golf has said it intends to try and re-schedule as many of the postponed events as possible.
James Crampton, director of championships, said: “There are a number of intricacies associated with championship golf which need to be considered well in advance of any event taking place and these, as much as golf courses being open for play, are key factors in our decision-making.”
In addition to championships, all England Golf regional and national squad coaching sessions for men, women, boys and girls remain cancelled until further notice.