Carmarthenshire County Council invites tenders for the Management of Garnant Park Golf Club. The concession contract and Lease shall be for a 25 year period.
Parties who wish to tender will be sent the Tender Pack, which must be returned, as directed by 12 noon, 29th March 2011.
Garnant Park Golf Course is an 18 hole municipal course, which was completed in 1997. The course was designed by Roger Jones Golf Associates and constructed to a modern USGA specification, with fully automated Rain Bird irrigation system on all 18 greens. The course extends over an approximate area of 120 acres and is described as an upland/parkland course. The clubhouse was opened in 1998, compromising of a restaurant, bar, pro shop, office and living space for 1-2 persons, showers and changing area.
Carmarthenshire Council wishes to invite suitably experienced and qualified companies or organisations, to submit a tender to manage and develop Garnant Park Golf Course under an initial 25 year Lease and Operating Agreement.
The operation will be supported by a maximum subsidy of £200k for the first 5 years of the Concessionary Contract and will be profiled in accordance to the Costing Schedule within the Tender documentation
Facilities included within the Lease and Operating Agreement are outlined below:
• 5 hole pitch and putt
• Golf Shop
• Booking Office
• Changing Rooms
• Putting Green
• Practice Area
• Car Park
• Whole of the Golf Course
• All outbuildings
• The access road
The successful company will, as a minimum, be expected to: –
• Operate the facility and provide the best financial terms to Carmarthenshire County Council from the outset of the agreement and for the duration of the lease period.
• To be the landlords of Garnant Park Golf Club.
• Employ the current grounds maintenance under a TUPE agreement.
• Manage the booking office and pro shop.
• Work in partnership with Carmarthenshire County Council.
• Outline the proposed investment into the facilities over the initial 25 year period of the lease.
Please note TUPE may apply in this contract, further details included in the tender documents.
For further information and requests for the Tender Pack please contact:
Activity and Health Manager
Business Resource Centre